Tuesday 15 November 2011

bloomday - or lack thereof

So its bloomday and there are very very few blooms in the yard! If it were decaying blooms day, then this would be easy. But alas, there are a few things that are still kicking.

Geraniums have not been fazed by the cool weather.  I appreciate that about them. Though entirely ordinary, they seam to handle heat and cold better than many other annual flowers.

I forget the name of this plant, but it seems to think its spring?


"Old Faithful" that is what I choose to call my fatsia japonica.  When everything else in the yard seems to wind down in the fall, fatsia just begins its show.  I can't say enough about this plant.


I love how glossy this foliage is too! It's my version of a tropical philodendron!


salvia elegans... apparently the flowers are edible... maybe a salad garnish!


This little rose has been flowering non stop since may and is super fragrant!


I know, this is not exactly blooms... but its sure a picture of whats going on in the yard.  I just can't believe how fast those darn leaves are piling up on the patio!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our Bloom Day post! You still have some nice blooms happening. As a former zone 5A gardener I feel so spoiled here in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you say it (tropical philodendron) I realize I've kind of always thought of my Fatsia japonica in that way too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan- thanks! are you guys a cool USDA zone 10a in San Fran? either way I'm sure its a garden lovers dream! :)

    Loree - fatsia remind me of the philodendrons from a few years ago when I was in Sarasota Fl. so lush, so tropical, so right! It's an anchor plant for me.

    ReplyDelete