Tuesday 3 April 2012

Aloha! More fun from Hawaii

It's tuesday... rain, wind, dark grey skies, and all I can think about is how I wish I was back in Hawaii. So I though I would share more from my trip.  One of the most exciting things about visiting Oahu was being able to see Hanauma Bay.  It has been a life long dream of mine to snorkel in the pristine waters of what I can only describe as the most beautiful bay ever!


Whilst mere days before we arrived they had to close the bay due to run off from a large storm, we experienced ideal conditions! I could not have been happier!



I don't know what this plant below is but I fell in love with the foliage! It appeared to be native but I could be wrong. anyone know what this is?


Travellers palms were everywhere in Waikiki! I have always found them majestical.  It is a definite statement in a landscape.


and would it be Hawaii without the sweet fragrance of plumeria?!


Tree ferns!!!! One day I hope my little tree fern looks something like this. Right now its a small softball sized stump.



Any Hawaii Five 0 fans are well aware of this view. (doo doo doo doo dooooo doo)



Hotel grounds around Waikiki







On our second to last day, I got up early to hike Diamond Head.  Looking back on the valley at the base of Diamond Head is so lush!


snorkelling anyone?!? I could handle living in one of those homes down there... jumping in the water for a surf, snorkel, paddle board or just dip to start off the day - after a good strong cup of Kona coffee of course.


The hike up Diamond Head is sooo worth the view!!!


Looking back on Waikiki


I hope that warmed your Tuesday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment