Thursday 24 May 2012

drive by surprises

I was driving along, minding my business a few weeks ago when to my surprise two towering trachies just jumped out at me!! Along one of the busiest roads, someone appeared to have just planted two massive palm trees! While I don't condone most of what else is going on here, these palms are absolutely stunning!  So screech went the brakes, out came the camera phone, and here they are...

You can tell a lot of work actually went on here and so maybe it's still in pre-liminary stages. We shall wait and see.


3 comments:

  1. Wow trees that big must be pretty expensive, even if you knew someone who wanted them gone the simple act of moving them would be huge! ($). You're right though the rest of it leaves a lot to be desired...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't even imagine what they would cost. I'm guessing somewhere in the 1500-2000 dollar price range for the trees alone not to mention transport and installation. It looks like it's undergoing a bit of a "refresh." I think the lesson to be learned here is that palms are beautiful but need to be underplanted with complementary plants. It's complete southern exposure and with raised beds they could get away with some really cool plants. I would plant that entire gravel section too.

      Delete