Monday 5 May 2014

Hover Dish from Pot Inc.

Many of you have seen the amazing collection of Hover Dish planters from Pot Inc. They were featured this year at the small space showcase at the Northwest Flower and Garden show and have been popping up at some of the best nurseries around. My friend and designer Todd Holloway has done an incredible job with these awesome hanging planters.

With many thanks to Todd, I received an awesome Flango Hover Dish in my favourite iceberg colour. And as I always do right when I get any new container, I went plant shopping of course! So I set out to Western Independent Greenhouses to get some sweet succulents to fill out my hover dish!

I already had the blue elf aloe kicking around and had been planning on featuring it in a succulent pot. Here is my hover just after planting. I left it out in the hot sunshine that we had last week to let things settle into place before hanging it.

Yesterday was the big day to hang the hover! I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

 And with the pouring rain and cooler weather that we're having today, it certainly brightens my day - and our patio! Now I want more hovers!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fabulous Louis! You're so good at mixed plantings like that, everything complements each other so nicely. And you know I love those pots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Loree! The pots are soo cool! And I can't wait for everything to fill in more and start growing!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the pot color and the succulents you chose. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in love with the colour of that container too!! I considered using only blue/grey toned succulents, but then went a little crazy. I still like how it turned out.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. Those pots haven't made their way this far south yet - I wonder what's the hang up? (Oops, that pun wasn't intended.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! I know they are in at Flora Grubb. Maybe you'll need to make a road trip!

      Delete
    2. And they're available mail order!

      Delete
    3. In other words, you really do need one!

      Delete
  4. Oh how thrilling! I just commented on your flower show post that you needed to treat yourself to one of these planters, but you have one! I love the way you potted yours up. I have one too in the same color, but with the more angular shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours! I noticed it in one of your posts. they are really amazing planters

      Delete