Wednesday 7 May 2014

Northwest Flower and Garden Show ... better late than never

The Northwest Flower and Garden Show might have been a couple of months ago, but it's still fresh in my memory. This was my first year making it down to the show. I didn't really know what to expect other than potentially high amounts of plant lust.

Knowing that Pot Inc. was doing a feature for the small space showcase, I knew there would at least be something cool to see. I was really taken away by all the great displays. But truth be told (and I might be a bit biased), the Pot Inc. display stole the show! 


Check out this beautiful fire bowl planter. How's that for a conversation piece?


I love the leptospermum and agave combination in this container. It's another plant I've added to my must have when I visit cistus nursery.

 One of the main features of the booth were these great hover planters that I shared about just the other day. From the bottom you can see the drainage holes! When you love succulents, that is something to get excited over!

The wood backdrop fits perfectly. Speaking of perfect, check out those yucca rostrata!


This is such a great composition. The geometric containers and colours suit the plants perfectly.


I'm seriously in love with these things!

And if you're lucky enough to be in the Vancouver area this weekend, Pot Inc. is having a sale of some of their containers and plants. Check out their facebook page for information.


8 comments:

  1. The Leptospermum and the Agave make a wonderful combination. I'm not sure how long they could remain in a pot, though - Leptospermum can get huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't often see leptos. up this way. I'd love to have a huge one in the garden. I'm planning a new garden expansion. It is full sun, insane drainage, and a south slope. So I'm going to need to find some plants that can handle this spot. Most of our PNW standbys would suffer there.

      Delete
  2. This was one of my favorite displays as well. Thanks for the fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to bring back the memories. I was really glad to have made it down - despite driving in a snowstorm to do so.

      Delete
  3. Your second to the last image is the first I've seen pulled back that far, I love the burlap coffee bags as a surround! Not to take way from the overall display, which I love (even though I didn't get to see It in person) but it was just fun to see it in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that because I too loved the burlap surrounds. Hopefully next year there wont be any snowstorms getting in the way. That was a nasty cold week.

      Delete
  4. I love those Hover Dish planters so much that I got one for myself a couple of months ago. I LOVE it. You need to get yourself one. I'm sure you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Mine is hanging up full of succulents as we speak :)

      Delete