Friday 22 June 2012

It's tropical rain, it's tropical rain, it's tropical rain.

It's tropical rain, it's tropical rain, it's tropical rain. BAH! it's so not tropical rain.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  Actually this hurts my heart.  The day started out all full of promise and hope.  The sun was beaming through the windows, work was to be finished by 2:30 and all was well.  And then ... it started with wind.  Then clouds.  Then the skies turned black and opened up their fury upon us.  Inevitably almost everyone and their dog felt the need to remind me, "yes but that's why everything is so green."  I like green.  It's actually my favourite color, but as much as I love beautiful green foliage, I love blue skies.  And let's be honest, the only "green" thing they are really talking about are the lawns.  And even those have turned to moss and scraggly water logged weeds.  "It's tropical rain, It's tropical rain, it's tropical rain."  I just have to keep telling myself that.





On a much happier note I thought I would share with you one of my favourite songs.... 
"It's aloha Friday, no work till monday!" (lalala)

4 comments:

  1. I'm up in Seattle with friends for a long weekend, touring nurseries IN THE RAIN!!! On the plus side at least the husband stuck at home isn't having to water anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats fun! Well the rain part not soo much, but the nursery touring part. With the Fraser River bursting its banks and all the rain there are evacuations to certain low lying areas around town here. It's almost July... that just seems wrong. Well I can't wait to hear about your nursery going adventures in Seattle. And hopefully the husband can enjoy his watering free weekend. like I said... tell yourself "its tropical rain, its tropical rain, its tropical rain!" - repeat as needed

      Delete
  2. Too bad your wet probably came with cool - nothing grilling mahi-mahi and pineapple, w/ Hawaiian music, can't cure.

    Thurs night all the lightning came to something! Huge rain drops...but our .02" was just enough to wet the street, and make it really humid...76F, 60's dewpoint. Not quite Florida, but a start - dry heat has its limits. Humidity is starting to come up here, as the flow may now be tilting out of the tropics...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I think some grillin' is in order. I have a 5cd best of hawaii set that I put on throughout most of summer. That mixed with the beach boys or bob marley. Our neighbours must think we are insane.

      Today is actually not that bad. around 70F with the chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. Thankfully we have a covered deck that we can stay dry under!

      Delete